Tuesday, May 7, 2013

[WTF Wednesdays: Traveling In Airports]

So right now I'm currently waiting at the airport to fly back to Louisiana. Unfortunately, this isn't for a vacation or even a pleasant situation. As I was standing in the security check point line, I started looking around and thinking of ways that we, the travelers, could make this a much more faster process. I'm sure we've all moaned and groaned over how slow and LONG these security check point lines are. Now we can't really blame TSA b/c once you're near the metal detectors, they try to make the line move as quickly as possible. So in all actuality, the slowness has to do with the PASSENGERS. Being an avid traveler, my frustration really does have to do with the passengers and how they really just don't LISTEN to directions or the rules for traveling.

Here are a few things I've consistently noticed while in the security checkpoint line: 

LADIES: why MUST you dress as if you're going to a fashion show?! Do you really need to wear 5 inch heels and a million accessories just to sit on a plane?! And it's amazing how annoyed & frustrated you get when TSA is telling you that you have to take off your heels (well DUH) and all your bracelets/rings/watches/earrings/sunglasses so that they won't go off while walking through the metal detector. No one is going to be impressed with what you're wearing. In fact, I'm sure EVERYONE is irritated with the fact that you're holding the line up. I, for one, discovered that that sandals, jeans or sweatpants, and hardly any jewelry is easiest and most comfortable way to travel. Sandals are easy to take on and take off while you're going through security check point and if I'm traveling on a plane for a couple of hours, why wouldn't I want to be comfortable?

LAPTOPS: we have all carried one on the plane with us at least once or twice. And with that being said, how HARD is it to remember to take your laptop out of your case and place it in its own container???! It's def not rocket science and if you're so used to traveling with one, this should be a simple rule that sticks in your mind.

This entire post reminds me of a youtube video by the lovely Jenna Marbles:



&& I just noticed she even wrote a part 2 about airports! LOL!!



As much as I get frustrated and impatient during the security checkpoint line, I actually really enjoy airports. I enjoy traveling and people-watching while waiting to board my plane. Each airport is a different experience and you can try different foods at every airport.

These are my favorite top 5 airports:

1) DCA - Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
2) ATL -  Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport
3) HND - Tokyo International Airport
4) LAS -  McCarran International Airport (Las Vegas)
5) BKK - Suvarnabhumi Airport (Bangkok International)


                                                    Safe travels everyone!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment