Sunday, February 24, 2013

[birthday weekend]

Yesterday was my birthday and I'm starting to realize that the older you get, the less exciting it is to turn old. I remember in my early 20's, I would consider the 1st of February the start of my "birthday month." Birthday celebrations in my early 20's were fun-filled weekends filled with limo rides to South Beach and VIP status at my club of choice. Soon those became played out and as my late 20's started creeping up on me; my birthday celebrations became more low key and the past few were more of weekend trips to Disney to drink around the world at Epcot. It's not the same as having VIP status but still fun nonetheless.

Someone once told me that it's in your 30's when you'll have the time of your life and I'm beginning to think he's right about that. Your 20's is when you're still "finding" yourself and getting situated in life. Your 30's is when you're able to actually enjoy things more. Last year on my birthday, I actually worked and made money. Yesterday, I ran errands and relaxed with my pups. Friday night J took me out to this really romantic Italian restaurant which is "off the beaten path." Our table had a waterfront view and while the food was just "okay," the ambiance was pretty great.

We actually found a cute tea place next to it that we plan on going back to visit. The next morning, I woke up to a super sweet card right next to my ipad:

Not sure how many of you know who the Lumineers are, but "Ho Hey" is our song and I thought it was awesome that he actually referenced that song in the card. It definitely put a smile on my face!! Today the plan was to go kayaking but unfortunately, due to low tides and not being able to find parking, things didn't go as planned but I was still happy to be the company of good friends. Plus, there's always another time for kayaking!

 && before I sign off, I'll leave you with the video of mine & J's song ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment