Sunday, April 14, 2013

[happy songkran....]

Which is also known as the Thai New Year!! In Thailand: the new year is celebrated April 13-15. Another fun fact: these are the dates for many calenders in SE Asia. Unfortunately,  I wasn't able to fly to Thailand to celebrate but the Wat Buddharangsi Buddhist Temple of Miami held their own water festival for the Thai New Year (and that's only an hour away from me!) I was also excited that I was able to share my Thai heritage with my friends Jade & Sara who came along with me to the festival. The picture below pretty much sums up our day in a nutshell:

 

My favorite part of the day was being blessed by the Monks. and yes, these Monks were flown in from Thailand to live in the temple in Homestead. So Happy Song-Kran to my fellow Thai readers out there & I hope you surrounded yourself with friends & family today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment